Fighting fund banner



Your ʵ membership

Important information about how changes to your employment or personal details, such as retirement, parental leave, or loss of your job, may affect your ʵ membership or subscription.

Update your member record

Click through to our online portal, My ʵ, to update your member record online

Membership subscriptions

The subscription you pay is based on your earnings. Please ensure that you pay the correct subscription; failure to do so may disqualify you from receiving legal advice and other benefits.

Email preferences

Information on updating your central ʵ email preferences.

Upgrade to full membership

If you currently have student or unemployed membership and wish to upgrade to full ʵ membership, log in to our online portal, My ʵ, and select 'Membership' followed by 'Change My Membership' to upgrade your membership online

Payroll payer? Switch to Direct Debit today

We're asking members still paying via payroll to take the very straightforward step of changing your payment method to direct debit (DD) because of government changes to the collection of subs.

Retirement & ʵ membership

Your ʵ membership doesn't need to end if you retire.


If you find yourself out of work, but seeking qualifying employment in further, higher or adult education, you are entitled to one year's free membership.

Parental leave and subs

During periods of parental leave your membership will be free of charge.

Cancelling your ʵ membership

You can update your membership information or cancel your membership online.

Subscriptions and refunds

Information on claiming back overpayments on your subscription.

Tax relief

Following approval from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), ʵ members can claim tax relief on up to 67% of their total annual subscription, at the tax rate applicable to their earnings.

Conduct and complaints

ʵ's regulations on the conduct of members and the union's complaints procedure.